A good Bloody Mary is by far my favorite drink. I now share my homemade recipe with you. Enjoy!
Stevo’s Bloody Mary
- 1 cup of low sodium v8 (don’t waste your money on fancy bloody mary mix, it’s all just overpriced tomato juice.)
- 1 shot of vodka
- 1 dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Franks Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon of pickle juice (I leave a jar of Vlasic Pickle juice in my fridge for this reason.)
- 1 tablespoon of olive juice (I use black olive, but green is also ok – this is another thing I always have in my fridge.)
- Stir with a celery stalk which you then leave in the glass. Eat it afterwards once it has had time to soak in some flavor – plus it’s a good source of fiber!
- A cooked strip of bacon. I know it sounds crazy but bacon actually goes very well with Bloody Marys! Stick it in along with the celery to let it add in flavor as well as soak it in. You can eat it when you are done with the drink. You will be surprised at how good it is! Thick bacon that is cooked before it gets too crisp is perfect for this.
- Jalapeno. Pickled or fresh, either one is good. If you go with pickled then simply add a tsp of the juice from the jar. If you go with fresh then slice it longways into halves and plunge it into the drink along with the celery. Like the bacon, it will add and soak in flavor.
- Smoked Ghost Pepper Powder. Need some extra heat? A dash of this mixed in will have your tongue burning oh so good.
- Liquid Smoke. Like that smokey taste? Stirring in a couple drops of this will do the trick.
- 1 tsp horseradish. Adds a good burning effect to the drink but it tends to settle at the bottom, so be warned.